Webcam - SORRY, TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE!!!
Live from Rocky O'Reillys.
Using an iPhone? Username is "Pub"
Some Photos from Rockys.
Rocky O'Reilly's Irish Bar - the ideal venue for watching your favourite sport with your friends.
We regularly show sport events:
We have 13 screens and can show up to seven different games at the same time!
ROCKY’S TEN COMMANDMENTS
Hints and Tips
FOLLOW this advice and you will have a holiday you will always remember!!
IGNORE it and you will have a holiday you will never forget!!
Don’t panic! Prague is a beautiful, violence free and absolutely safe city. However, like most big cities, it has a small minority of people who prey on unsuspecting tourists. Don’t be a victim!
1. Don’t change your money on the streets, it’s dangerous, it’s illegal, it’s dud money. Don’t do it!!
2. Always agree a price before you get into any taxi (normal fare is 200 to 250 Czech Crowns around the city and approx. 600 to the airport). Never accept the answer “the fare is according to the meter”. Make a price!! We are happy to call a normal cab for you. Never take a taxi parked outside this bar!!
3. Very friendly girls who approach you on the streets are pickpockets who are protected by “Minders”. Be very careful, don’t let them touch you!! They are experts and very dangerous!!
4. No, the metro and trams are not free. Tickets are sold at all newspaper stands. A ticket is not valid unless it is franked in a yellow box at the entrance to metro or on board the tram. Buy a one, two or three day pass (they are very cheap and save you from a costly “Tourist” fine.
5. Prague, like most European cities has pickpockets, mostly girls working with minders. Never leave your bags unattended or coats with wallets on the back of your chair. Danger spots are Prague castle, Old town square, Wenceslas square, trams and metros and busy bars etc. Be vigilant!!
6. All public noise is forbidden by law in Prague. This includes singing, or any excessive noise. You will be asked to leave this bar immediately. If noise persists we will call police. It’s a law!!
7. Vandalism, loud, aggressive or threatening behaviour is a very bad idea. Czech police take a very serious view of this and they are not famous for their sense of humour!!
8. Pedestrian crossings.... Treat “Zebra” crossings only as recommended places to cross the street. Officially trams have right of way, the pedestrians, then cars, but a lot of drivers tend to ignore this rule!!
9. Changing money: be very careful at all change Office, What you see is not what you get. They only advertise the rate that they sell pounds or Euros for! Change your money in any bank. It’s safer!!
10. Some con artists pose as „ currency inspectors“. They will show you their „ID“ cards and ask to inspect your money. There is no such person as currency inspector, tell him to F…OFF.! If he persists, call a police man. He will disappear immediately.
Here is a little bit about how Rocky's came about ...
Rocky o´ Reillys opened on 09 July 2001 and instantly established itself as a favourite for local people and the foreign community bringing a unique Irish atmosphere and sense of fun to the centre of the historical old city of Prague.
The interior design of Rocky o´ Reillys represents a mixture of the different styles of pubs in Ireland: the long dark wooden bar typical of a Dublin city pub, the real log fire always found in a rural country pub, the absolutely authentic Irish cobblestone village street, the thatched cottages and the many more features throughout this pub make Rocky o´Reillys one of Europe's top Irish pubs.